Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fun Times

Last Friday Matt and I went to see his cousin in Thriller at Kingsbury Hall. If you've never been, I recommend it. We had a lot of fun! Some of the acts were quite honestly a bit lame, but the majority were very entertaining. Before the show started Matt and I were sitting in our seats looking over the program. All the dancers were wandering around the audience in their zombie costumes trying to scare people. This little boy came up right behind me and was trying desperately to scare me. I've worked at a haunted house...people in costume just don't scare me. So Matt and I are looking through our program and one of the main dancers in this 11 year old kid who is a super professional dancer. Not only has he traveled the world performing and won countless competitions, but he also teaches dance at a studio in salt lake. The 11 year old kid teaches! Dang! So after reading his rather extensive bio I said "Wow, this kid's a freak!" Meaning I can't believe an 11 year old has accomplished so much. The little zombie behind me is still trying to frighten me at this point and he even goes so far as to stick his head between Matt and I and try to breathe loudly. I finally turned around and said "Look, you can try whatever you want, but you aren't going to scare me." A few minutes later he finally got the hint and took off. Then the show started and wouldn't you know it, the kid who had tried to scare me was down there center stage moving around like he owned the place. The very same kid I had called a freak. No wonder he wouldn't leave me alone!

Yesterday was our 3rd anniversary. Matt and I decided (that morning on our way to w
ork) that we wanted to take the day off. So we spent the whole day together and had a lot of fun! We went to a movie, got ice cream and pretzels at the mall, went to dinner, and later rented a redbox to conclude our evening. It was a wonderful, relaxing day! It was so great to spend the entire day with my honey!!

Today was Matt's birthday! Happy birthday Matt! I told him I wante
d to take him to dinner for his birthday after work, only he didn't know that I invited a bunch of our friends to meet us there. We all met at Bonsai and had a lot of fun. Then afterwards, we went to Breezy's house and played games. It was a really fun evening, and hopefully a nice surprise.

Our brilliant chef at work
Catching Shrimp


The whole gang
(Steve, Breezy, Matt, Me, Suzy, Bryan, Ricci)

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow! Looks like you've had some great times recently!! I'm jealous Bryan and Ricci got to go to dinner with you guys ;) Next time can I come too?

Julie B said...

I want to be invited too! Bryan and his pretend girlfriend are cool and all, but we're cool too!