Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 Rememberies

So I am 100% swiping this post idea from my friend Aubrey. Thanks Muffin! Hope you don't mind! I just loved the idea so much, I had to do one of my own.

MY SUMMARY OF 2008:
Funnest Event:Hosting our first party (my birthday) in our new house, Antelope Island, Girl's Days, Camping with friends, The Tim McGraw concert, Seeing my sister get married, Watching the little screen go from blank to "pregnant".

Biggest Purchase:
My new jaw.

Favorite Movie(s) of 2008:


This one technically came out in December 2007,
but I saw it in 2008 and loved it so much I just had to include it on my list!

Least Favorite Movies of 2008 (or biggest disapp
ointments):

Again, this one technically came out in December 2007, but I remember it as a 2008 movie and a HUGE disappointment.

Favorite Celebrity of 2008:


I just think Amy Adams is so cute! And I love her in every role I've seen.

Props to Heith on his ultra-creepy performance as the Joker! (May he rest in peace)

Least Favorite Celebrity of 2008:

I really don't follow celebrity lives and we don't even have a TV, but there was no getting away from Brittany this year! Every radio station was talking about her and she was starring back at you from every magazine cover in the grocery store. Brittany is psycho, she shaved her head, she lost her kids, she's getting better, no wait, she's a crackhead.

Someone please explain to me how she got famous? Her daddy has money, I get it. But since when was that enough?

Guilty Pleasure:
Best show ever! I truly became addicted.

Saddest Moment of 2008:
My best friend's mom, a truly amazing woman, died; Finding out my dad had cancer; Watching my grandpa die; Seeing my sister suffer through the
pains of divorce.

Sickest Moment of 2008:
So much puke! But puking so hard it came out my nose was probably the worst.

Favorite Song of 2008:
"Dance Floor Anthem" by Good Charlotte, "I'm Your
s" by Jason Mraz, "Angel" by Jack Johnson, "It Won't be like this For Long" by Darius Rucker, and everything by Taylor Swift.

Least Favorite Song of 2008:
"I Kissed a Girl and I Liked it". It's even worse than when "Stacy's Mom" came out! And all you have to do is hear the obnoxious song for a second and its in your head forever! And David Archuleta's "Crush". I understand he's from Utah an
d that's cool and all but holy cow can you say over-played??

Achievements of 2008:
Getting in the habit of blogging, so people can keep up with our lives! Getting further on writing a book than I ever have before. Getting pregnant (with some teamwork on Matt's part).

Things I've Learned:
Insurance companies are stupid, needless middle-men. I can't always do everything on my own. I've needed a lot of help from family, friends, and even neighbors this last year with things I normally can do on my own. I learned I still need my mommy! This one isn't new, but I re-learned how unbelievably lucky I am to have su
ch an incredible husband!

In One Word 2008 was:

Adventurous?

In One Word 2009 will be:

Exciting!

Favorite Pictures of 2008:











I am Looking Forward to:
Becoming a mom, baby showers (hint hint), getting the nursery ready, getting Matt through another semester of school, working less.

My Hopes for 2009 are:

A healthy family, finishing my first novel, being the best wife and mom that I can be.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Great list & great photos! I enjoyed reading about your 2008!

Ashlee said...

That sounds like some good plans! It's fun to read about your life last year. So what's the novel about? I think you already know I'm a reading addict, since we met in a lit class

Jenny Sue said...

You are so fun! I also can't wait to read that novel! I really, really want to see your cute baby bump! You are so cute Stacy! I love looking at your blog, you can always make me laugh.