Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve was a blast!  We had a bunch of friends and family over at our house for a super fun party!  We started with a Murder Mystery dinner and as people arrived, they got to enjoy some nummy appetizers I learned how to make from a Relief Society dinner.  One thing Matt and I learned in preparing for this party is that our basement is an odd shape for setting up dinner tables.  It took much maneuvering and several hours later to get it set up to where we all fit comfortably.  (This was all, of course, the night before).  Once everyone arrived we ate a dinner of lasagna (I totally cheated this time and used the frozen kind), a yummy salad, and garlic bread.  We had a lot of fun with the murder mystery.  It's always interesting and funny to see what kind of situations and questions come up during the game.  After dinner and the revealing of the murderer (bad Breezy) we ventured upstairs and enjoyed all the yummy snacks everyone brought while a few of the guys rearranged downstairs a bit.  Then we played Mafia.  We had a ton of fun and it was full of a lot of laughs!  We ended up playing Mafia for a lot longer than we planned on and never made it to any other games.  Before we knew it, it was 20 minutes to midnight.  So we pulled out the Martinellis and prepared for the countdown.  Most people took off after the coming of the new year, but a few friends stayed for a little longer.  Breezy and Suzy both stayed the night and the three of us had a My Boys (if you've never seen this show, I highly recommend it!  Super funny!) marathon new years day while Matt enjoyed snowboarding with his cousins.  It was a very fun couple of days!  Hope you all had a great New Years!  We didn't get pictures of everyone, but here are a few pics of our guests in their colored costumes.  (Each character had a color name and they dressed to match).
 
Brian and Anna as Barry Black and Becky

Matt and I as Prof. Pete Purple and Penelope

Julie and Seth as Olivia and Oscar Orange

(L to R) Steve as Grant Gray, Breezy as Ruby Red, Suzy as Yellow Yellow, and Bryan as Greg Green

(Not pictured): Kristine as Petunia Pink, Logan as Dr. Waldo White, and Theresa as Brandi Blue.  Sorry guys.  Matt apoligizes for forgetting to take your pictures.  Your costumes were great!

2 comments:

Julie B said...

I've got pictures of the ones you missed if you want me to send them too you. OR, they're already posted on my blog

Kristine said...

Such a fun party! Thanks for the invite! I guess Seth thought I was really different without my kids! Hahaha!