Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Excerpt From My Book

Matt bought me this great book for our anniversary back in October and I finally sat down and read it this last weekend. I highly recommend it to any and all women! Especially mothers! I'm kinda a literary geek, so you may not like it as much as I did, but I'm gonna recommend it anyway. It was written by LDS women for LDS women. It's mostly essays and poems about pregnancy and motherhood and the struggles and joys that come with it. I could go on about it, but I'll let you read it yourself and make a decision on your own.

This book really helped inspire me to get my butt in gear and spend more time writing. I have gotten out of the habit of writing every day, like I once did, and quite honestly I miss it! It reminded me of my college days of writing workshops and creative writing courses, which inspired this epiphany: I write more when I have an audience to write for. So I decided I should share parts of the book I am working on, instead of keeping it so secretive. Nothing inspires writing better than receiving feedback on the things you write (both good and bad). However, since my writing is precious to me, I don't want to post it on my open blog. I know it's cocky of me to believe anyone would swipe my work, but its not a risk I'm willing to take. So I decided to start a private blog just for my writing. I have already posted an excerpt from the novel I am currently working on, and I will continue to post as I make progress. So, if you have any desire to be invited to this blog, send me an e-mail and I will let you in. pinkstacy@gmail.com

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Sure, invite me in! I know you said email you, but I'm here now :)

Kriss said...

So, I would LOVE to read your book Stacy! You're amazing...I still have no motivation. But I guess you can have more since you will soon have posterity...I figure I have a while :D.