LUKE: Uh, I made some brownies, I thought you might like some. LORELAI: Oh, gee, since I just ate half a bag of marshmallows, six Pop Tarts, four bagel dogs and a really stale Cheese Nip – yup, it’s brownie time, thanks. Hey, here’s a question for you.
LUKE: Yeah?
LORELAI: Well, you probably have a diner full of people who would love these brownies – plus, I bet they’d pay you for ‘em.
LUKE: Well, I accidentally dropped triple the amount of cocoa powder in the batter so I either had to dump the batch or find someone with some sort of superhuman chocolate tolerance – only one name came to mind.
LORELAI: God, I love being special.
This is the scene that came to mind this morning when I sat in the doctor's office. Last week I had my gestational diabetes test where you drink that really sugary drink, wait an hour, and then have your blood drawn to find out how your body handles sugar. My doctor told me most women's levels are about a 130 after the test. They are concerned if its over 150. I'm at a 55. So basically, my body handles sugar really, really well! The funny thing is, as I was drinking the drink I thought "this doesn't even taset very sugary to me". I have an extremely high tolerance for sugar and Dr. Brown laughed as she told me I don't really need to worry about all the doughnut, marshmallow, and m&m cravings. I can eat as much as I want! In fact, my cravings for doughnut holes (my fav food as of late) might just be my body telling me that I need even more sugar. Darn. I would like to thank my father and all of the Howell's for this gift! Without whom I may never had succeeded in reaching such a high sugar tolerance level. Thank you!


4 comments:
Haha! That's funny :) I didn't think the drink was that bad either. Did you get orange? I am glad to have gotten it cold though. So what did you do for that hour of waiting?
Oh you are so LUCKY!!! As you already know. Hopefully you'll pass that on to your little one. I really do believe that about what pregnant women crave. I remember really craving a subway, but I couldn't have a subway. So, I thought, "what am I lacking in my diet?" I thought, "hmmm, I haven't had any protein for awhile." I ate peanut butter and the craving went away. I think your body says, " I need --- and I can get it from ---" My sister is a really unhealthy eater. She had big mak's and fries her whole pregnancy. I think that is all her body knew. Well, anyways Stacy, count your self very, very blessed!
so fun, I miss the Gilmore Girls. Thanks for sharing your blog. It is fun to see what is going on in your life now days.
I thought it tasted like flat sprite. But they have blamed my infertility on a sugar problem? But I don't have a sugar problem. I am just glad I can eat it and not worry about gaining weight. (too much anyway:)
Post a Comment