First of all, Kalianna rolled over for the first time this morning!! And it was right in front of me so I got to see it. I tried to get her to do it again for daddy, but I guess once was enough for today.
When Matt and I took Institute together, there was a girl in our class who had never heard of General Conference. She was raised in the church but her parents called it "free Sunday" and twice a year they'd go boating on that Sunday or something. Sad, huh? (And yes, also a little funny). Well that's what we've been jokingly calling today. With the Oquirrh Mountain temple dedication, all church meetings have been canceled. Matt and I didn't get tickets, but we are enjoying the day together before school starts this week. Sleeping in, naps, we just finished lunch and now we are going to go on a nice walk together. Its a beautiful day!
1 month ago


2 comments:
I have also heard stake conferences referred to as free sundays. So really you can have four a year!
I'm glad you had such a good day. But the fact of that girl being raised like that? Are we lDS or not? Are we members of Christ church or not? I am having this problem in my ward right now. What the Prophet says only apply to them if it is easy or conveinent (sp?) It honestly makes me sososo made. And I don't understand it! We have the gift of the true church! The good news! The preisthood and guidance that we are blessed with. It amazes me when people throw that to the wayside. How did your class and teacher react when she told you all that?
Post a Comment