Monday, November 23, 2009

Cleaning Schedule

When Matt and I lived in the basement apartment, it took no time to clean at all! You can give 500 square feet a pretty good scrub-down once a week and it will only take a couple hours. But when we moved into our house, I knew I needed to find a different way to clean. Otherwise, I would be spending all day every Saturday cleaning. Not cool! So I devised a cleaning schedule for myself, and it works fantastically!

Monday - Laundry day
Tuesday - Dusting
Wednesday - Sweep and Mop
Thursday - Bathrooms
Friday - Vacuum
Saturday - Yard work

I have found that with this schedule my house stays clean, and I feel productive but not overwhelmed by doing one thing each day. If I ever miss something, I just add it on to the following day and quickly get caught back up. This schedule is also nice because it leaves our weekends open, since Saturday/Sunday is our only time to visit with family and friends. So yes, you are welcome to borrow my genius idea. =-)

4 comments:

scrapsidaisy said...

I couldn't agree more. I have to have a cleaning schedule or I get overwhelmed very quickly. Sadly I do laundry everyday. That is one thing that I cannot stand to get behind on, because it doesn't take too long and I am drowning!

Colleen said...

I agree about the 500 square feet apt for sure! No problem. I might steal your idea, it's a good one.

Michelle said...

I agree, it really helps to do a little bit each day!

Aubrey said...

You should check out the FLYLady.
www.flylady.com