My friend's little sister recently got married. She dated this guy for awhile. He was extremely abusive (emotionally). Dumped him. Then decided she wanted to get married, so got back together and got engaged very quickly. One week after the wedding, said she wanted it annulled. Week three: finds out she is pregnant. Super excited because having a baby is going to fix ALL of her problems! Had to quit her job because she is super sick with the pregnancy. Hubby works as a bus boy at Chilis. Often skips work when he's too busy playing Nintendo or doesn't "feel like" going in. Its okay though, because this baby is going to fix it. He'll realize he has to be responsible when the baby comes, so he will whip into shape and magically become a super hard worker and provider for the family. She has been struggling with depression for years. Its okay though, because this baby is going to fix it. Having a child to love will finally make her happy and make her bad feelings magically disappear. They fight constantly. Its okay though, because this baby is going to fix it. The baby will make them feel like a family so the fighting will magically stop. I don't know about you, but this seems like a lot of pressure to put on this poor, tiny little baby!
I was talking with a friend recently about having kids and she said something I really liked. She said having a kid makes the great things in your marriage 10 times better, and the struggles in your marriage 10 times worse. Brilliant! If this is the case, why don't people have to take a class before they can get pregnant? If they don't pass the class, they don't get their license. Simple as that! Okay, so I know these thoughts are not realistic and seem somewhat communistic. But what about these poor kids??


4 comments:
Can't tell you how many times I've thought things like that!!! I agree with the 10 times worse and 10 times better, so true!
I see no coincidence in reading your blog and then finding this on People of Walmart:
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?p=7126
I totally agree. I haven't figured out exactly how to do it, but once I do I'm going to sent my plan to congress. Those poor babies.
Alas, agency comes into play. The kids sure don't deserve it, but we fought for agency once. It seems pointless to try to take it away now...
Post a Comment