1 month ago
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
The Debate
The debate has been raging now for years, going back and forth with no end in sight. We've tried settling this dispute by putting on gloves and duking it out, but when faced with the challenge, found we were unable to hit each other. So we now leave it up to the blogosphere world. The eternal question has reared its ugly head once again...Can the word flavor be used to describe different kinds of lotion? I frequently say things like Sweet Pea is my favorite flavor. Matt says I can only use the word flavor if I'm eating the lotion. I say Matt is a poo poo head. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I often find myself doing that too. But if I really think about it, there is a different word for a nice smell. Making clear the difference between smell and taste. You know, if you want to get technical. But, people always now what you mean. You guys are so cute! I love your blog and reading about all the fun stuff you and Matt do.
I am actually with Matt on this one. Sweet Pea is a scent, not a flavor. Its like when people say "I win you" instead of "I beat you" in a game or whatever. Or "I have a scratch" instead of "I have an itch". Ugggh, gets under my skin!
Kiss. Kiss. Good night.
That's funny, I think I say flavor sometimes too. It might be better to say scent:)
You know its funny cause Matt wrote most of this post. After our discussion, we looked it up in the dictionary. Flavor: 1 a archaic : odor, fragrance b : the quality of something that affects the sense of taste c : the blend of taste and smell sensations evoked by a substance in the mouth. It is usually used to describe something in the mouth, but odor/fragrance are also definitions. In case anyone wondered =-)
Sorry I think I have to side with Matt on this one. Unless you are eating it, it isn't a flavor. Kallianna is so cute!!! I love the post about all of the things she loves.
Oh sorry about the extra L
Sorry to say I have to agree with Matt. It's only a flavor if you're eating it, it's a scent if you're smelling it.
It cracks me up how seriously people are taking this! Also that two more people agreed with Matt even after my last comment! lol
Yes, I'm waaay behind on commenting on this, but I just have to chime in and say I agree with you, Stacy. Matt is a poo poo head. However, the lotion is a scent, not a flavor, imho.
Post a Comment