As of yesterday, I am officially done breastfeeding! (If you are a man, and this first sentence made you uncomfortable, do not continue reading.) It was time. Both Kalianna and I were ready to be done. I know some people who hated breastfeeding. I rather enjoyed it, but like I said, it was just time. We started out just giving her a bottle before bedtime, to get her used to it. Then I gave her a bottle in the afternoon and at bedtime. Then I gave her a bottle for every feeding except first thing in the morning and dinner. Then I only breastfed her in the mornings. Yesterday, I went in to feed her like usual, and I had nothing left! So now we are completely done. If you decide to switch from breast to bottle, I highly recommend doing it gradually like I did! She switched over in less than 2 weeks and I had minimal pain!
1 month ago


3 comments:
I know how it is to just be "done"! Awesome that she weaned quickly! I didn't really have any pain until about 1 week after. I almost died! Hope you have a better time than I did.
After carrying a baby and then breastfeeding a baby it is so liberating to get to the point when your body is completely your own again!! Whohoo!!
Gradually is how I did it with Macie too and there were no tears, fits, or clogged ducts! It was definitely the way to go!
Post a Comment