That is the real question! It seems like more and more people are going private these days, and I am just curious as to why? To those of you who have gone private or are thinking about going private, did something happen to help make this decision? I have toyed with the idea of going private a few times, and consulted my computer whiz husband on the matter. We decided to change the settings on our blog instead, so you can no longer search for our blog from google and now we moderate comments. Sometimes I consider it just to know who is reading my blog, but then I fear going private would prevent so many poor souls from enjoying my quick wit and charm! =-)
1 month ago


8 comments:
I was going to go private a few months ago when someone I didn't know left a weird random comment on my blog. It just skeeved me out to know that people I didn't know were reading my blog. Honestly I still think about going private but have just been too lazy to do it!
I really am anti-privatizing but we went private because Severin wanted to. One of the biggest things is that now that he's interviewing for jobs and such, he wants to be able to talk about the firms he interviews with and give honest opinions without the chance that they'll come across our blog and see it. Whatever. :)
I went private after my SIL, while following her traffic noticed something weird and looked into it. It ended up being an Italian fetish website that had stolen a picture she had posted of her in a cast. Ick!
I just didn't want some creep-o looking at me, or my beautiful family in such a disgusting way.
That's why I did...
I went private for various reasons, but mainly because my little sister is adopted and we were having some "issues" with her birth mother, so I didn't want her to have a way to see pictures of my sister. Very random, I know. But I have heard (and i don't know how true this is) that people take pictures of children off of people's blogs and put them on other sites, such as pornography sites. Definitely not sure how true that is though.
I went private for two main reasons. One was I had a bad falling out with a former roommate of mine (she still to this day won't talk to me . . . ). I didn't and wouldn't have talked about what happened between us on my blog, but I didn't want to allow her to continue reading and possibly using something on there against me.
The other reason I decided to go private was that an acquaintance of mine got on my facebook page one day and starting saying some very rude things to and about me. The next day is when I changed all of my facebook settings and announced I was going to go private.
I would for sure go private! I have heard countless horror story's of baby's being kidnapped and houses being robbed. All from people finding info on blogs and facebook and my space. One story that isn't too long...my sisterinlaws friend went to Hawaii. They were very carefull and actually even thought about it. Not to tell alot of people they were going. Come back, their place is cleaned out. The only thing they could relate it to was facebook. One of them had posted on the "status" "See you in a week! Ya, we're off to Hawaii!!" Those are all "friends" But I guess her husband isn't very silective of who he lets on his friend list. (I really can't spell right now.) And talking about exact birthdates, and what hospital your dilivering at. Big no no! If you don't go private, I would for sure be careful about what you say. I know on facebook I don't let any old person I new once be "my friend" and my friend in Arizona, she wont even say her son's name on facebook. She'll post pictures. But not any info about her son's age or name or school he goes to. My other friends neighbor, someone tried to kidnap her baby. Posing as a nurse doing a house check up a few day's after she delivered her baby. Thank heaven she was smart about it. And most of this info is found out about from the internet. And it is sososo easy to get.
Oh and I'm sure that what Lolly said is very true. I have no doubt about it. If I wanted a picture of you and Matt, I could just right click my mouse and save to my hard drive. Easy peasy. My cousin somehow made her blog so that people can't do that. So, I know there's a way.
Hey Stacy, I am very interested in what you decide on this and why. Let us know if your opinion has changed.
Post a Comment