Thursday, April 15, 2010

I like you Alot!

I am a stickler for grammar. It drives me crazy when people don't use punctuation, use the wrong words, or misspell words on their blogs, in their facebook status, in comments, etc. Proofread people! That's what it's there for! This is not to say I don't occasionally make mistakes myself. No one is perfect. Its the people who constantly make one mistake right after another. Like they are in too much of a hurry to actually have their writing make sense. Maybe it bothers me because I've always had a sort of knack for spelling/grammar. Maybe its because I got my degree in English and had these rules beat into me by my teachers. Or maybe its from being an English tutor and having to pick out these mistakes on a daily basis. Whatever the reason, Matt knows of my strange obsession and so he sent this to me the other day. It was just too funny not to share! http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html
So I am taking on a new leaf. I will now find different strategies to deal with my grievances, thanks to my new friend Alot!

7 comments:

Ricci said...

haha that's great! I'm sorry for any pain my blog might have caused you... My main problem is convincing your brother that "funner" is not a word ;)

Colleen said...

That's funny! I have to point this out since you brought it up. In your post you wrote "actual" instead of actualLY and didn't leave two spaces between two of your sentences "grammar. Maybe" Ha, ha! :) Thought I'd tease you a little! :) :)

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

I actually only have one space after each of my sentences, so I'm not sure what you're talking about...? The only reason I do that instead of the "grammatically correct" two is because when I put two spaces, Blogger always takes them out automatically. Not sure why...?

Justin, Holly and Zeke said...

This is so funny because it's actually why I didn't start a blog for so long. I don't spend the time to proof read. Life is short and I can have fun doing other things. But I can imagine how hard it is for others who care to read my stuff! Lol!

scrapsidaisy said...

You and me are on the same page on this one. It drives me crazy to find grammatical errors aplenty on posts too. By way of explanation on the two spaces being changed to one, it's an HTML thing. HTML is the "language" of the Web, and it ignores anything more than one space. One space is also acceptable and becoming more common these days, probably due in part to the Web emerging as a publishing medium. Okay, so now the painful part; you spelled it's incorrectly three times here :) Oh, and one turns over a new leaf, not takes on a new leaf.

Unknown said...

Some of you seem to have totally missed the point of this post. She's saying that it drives her crazy when people don't proofread at all when they post. Let me emphasize "AT ALL". She isn't saying that every little grammar mistake drives her up the wall, just the really frequent and obvious ones. She even admits to not being perfect herself. Furthermore, her point in this post was to say that she's going to try to stop letting these things bother her so much. Seriously, spaces and idiomatic phrases are what we're complaining about now? Let's try to take the Nazi out of grammar Nazi. You may now pick my comment apart for grammatical errors if you feel the need. Good hunting.

Kristine said...

Haha! That's awesome! Or should I say awsome! Thanks alot for sharing!