1 month ago
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Kalianna's Blankie
At WesTech (where I used to work, and Matt still does) whenever someone has a new baby, they announce it over the intercom. The receptionist will announce the baby's name and stats so co-workers can congratulate the new parents. Well it just so happens that the morning after Kalianna was born, there were several businessmen from our China office in town. After hearing the announcement, they went out and bought a baby blanket and gave it to my dad to give to us. These are men whom I have never even met! They have worked with Matt in the past, and work with my dad a lot as well, but not me. Needless to say, we were very surprised when my dad showed up at the hospital that afternoon with the gift. It was such a sweet gesture! Well, despite all the beautiful, homemade blankets from good friends and family members, its this blanket from the Chinese that Kalianna has formed an attachment to. Whenever she is sad or tired, Kalianna grabs her "China blanket" and hugs it. When she is really tired, she will put her blankie on the floor and lay down on top of it, then wiggle with excitement. It remains a super soft blanket, no matter how many times I've washed it! Its the perfect size and thickness too. Now Kalianna gets really excited at bedtime because it means snuggling with her blankie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I was like that too. I picked a random pink stuffed cat. To this day, I still sleep with her every night :)
P.S. There is DEFINITELY a discount...
It's so great when they have something that they love so much! Alli has her blankie, too!
Oh my gosh. What sweet, generous men!!! That is the coolest story about a baby blanket! :) It's stories like that that show you that there's still good people in the world. :)
Oh my gosh. What sweet, generous men!!! That is the coolest story about a baby blanket! :) It's stories like that that show you that there's still good people in the world. :)
That is actually really really neat. And what a great story for her later.
ooohh she'll LOVE that story as she grows up. That is so precious!
Post a Comment