Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kalianna's 1st Birthday!

Happy Birthday Kalianna! I've heard lots of people say that they can't believe it when their baby turns one. But you know what? Looking back to the night she was born, it actually does feel like its been a year. And what an amazing, incredible, great year it has been! Kalianna amazes me with how smart she is, and how quickly she learns new things. She is my little monkey, crawling and climbing all over the place! But she also loves a good snuggle now and then too. She can say mama and dada now (and actually knows what they mean). She seems pretty content with just crawling and walking next to furniture right now. But as with everything else, I'm sure when she decides she's ready to walk, she'll work on it till she's a pro. She is such a determined little girl! When she wants to do something, nothing will stop her! Her favorite things to do are watch baby einstein (she LOVES animals!), chase the dogs, play with her twin in the oven's reflection (she pulls the hand towels off and when she sees herself, she will squeal and then jabber), music (she's started dancing when she hears it), climbing up and down the stairs, reading (she gets upset when a book ends), and entertaining people (she's such a little ham). She has learned how to give high-fives (thanks to uncle Brent) and then she claps for herself afterward. She is starting to show her independence. If mommy is busy cleaning or working on something, she will go into her room and play by herself. I have gone in her room several times to find her sitting in a pile of books, reading them to herself. Its super cute! Kalianna is now in a forward facing car seat, which seems to make her really happy. She likes to see what's going on, and her poor long legs were getting so cramped against that backseat. She is such a happy, easy-going little girl! I am so blessed to have her in my life! I love her so much!!!

For breakfast this morning, Kalianna enjoyed her first waffles. I knew she would love them because of the syrup. That girl has such a little sweet tooth! Her birthday present from us was a little car that converts into a walker. We gave it to her a little early, so I already know she loves playing with it.
Then today to celebrate her first birthday Matt and I wanted to take her to the zoo. But unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate. I also bought her a cute birthday outfit that was capris with a cute top, but again, weather...So this morning Kalianna and I picked up Matt from work and the three of us went down to Southtown Mall. Kalianna played in the Dinosaur play area for the first time, and she loved it! She had so much fun going down the slides, climbing on the toys, and playing with her reflection. She had a ball!
Then we went for a ride on the carousel. She didn't crack a smile the whole time and we weren't sure if she liked it. But as soon as the carousel stopped and I pulled her off her horse, she started to cry.
We were all getting pretty hungry at this point, so we stopped at McDonald's for lunch. Kalianna got her very first happy meal and she ate almost the entire thing! That girls loves her chicken nuggets and fries!
We took Matt back to work before heading home, and Kalianna crashed.
It was such a fun and simple way to spend her birthday! And she loved it all! Then for dinner tonight we had spaghetti, one of her favorite foods. I know she doesn't know its her birthday, but hopefully she at least had a happy day!

3 comments:

Lolly said...

Happy Birthday Kalianna! Sounds like it was a fun day. She is so cute!

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday, Kalianna!!! Sounds like she had a lot of fun! I love it when they can start playing by themselves and when they start really showing their personality!

Jenny Sue said...

Fun! And great pictures. All of them are so cute!! I guess that works out when your precious daughter is so cute! lol That is so funny about her pulling the towels off the stove and talking to herself!!! LOVE it!!