Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Birthday / Kitchen Quotes

I had a very nice birthday yesterday, thanks to everyone who sent me texts and called! Matt made me french toast for breakfast and he gave me a spice rack (which I've been needing/wanting forever) and then at work we had bagels and chocolate milk for my birthday treats. Then Errin and Tena took me out to a yummy lunch at Pizza Factory. When we got back, WesTech was having pie to celebrate reaching some goals we had accomplished. We were so full, but took a piece for later. Matt was at school most of the day, but he had some beautiful flowers sent to me at work that made my area smell really nice. Then after work, we met my parents for dinner at Market Street Grill. When we got home, we basically just crashed. It was a long day of work, but everyone made sure it was nice.

On to a completely different topic...I need help! In our kitchen, above the cupboards, is a really long, bare white wall. Its too short to hang anything there, because it would hang down in front of the cupboards, but it runs the length of half my kitchen. So I want to do something with it because its a lot of plain white space (which I can't stand). I think some vinyl lettering would look really good, but I can't find a quote I love that would work well in a kitchen. It needs to be a longer quote, since it has a lot of wall to cover. Any suggestions? I've looked at tons of sites online, but am wondering if anyone has any better ideas than what I found?

5 comments:

janae said...

I don't have any fabulous quotes. But I do have two friends who had a family scripture posted up in their house all growing up. One was just a great scripture the fam chose as a family theme, the other family's last name was Livingstone, and apparently there is a verse in the NT that says "living stone" so they used that one. Maybe there is a verse that says "carol" and you could just capitalize it ans spell it your way? Just an idea. You could always put a long, hanging plant up there instead. That's what my neighbor did. :)

Aubrey said...

I have this written on my fridge:
"Approach both love and cooking with the same reckless abandon."
Someday it'll hang on my wall... Someday...

Kristine said...

What about a song that you both really like? You could put lyrics on your wall :)

Glad your birthday was fun! What did you get at Market Street?

Theresa said...

check out Ashleigh Brilliant's website. I think he is witty and funny. He might have something you enjoy. glad you had a good birthday. See you Saturday.

ncarroll said...

I have a list of phrases a local person does on vinyl. I understood that she woule do custom. I will look for it if you like.