Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yes, I'm a nerd

I'm not an avid American Idol fan, especially since Matt and I don't have TV. But I have watched the occasional season in the past and really enjoy the show. My neighbor Jill is a huge idol fan and she not only has TV, but she also has a DVR. This season I've started going across the street to her house while Matt is doing homework. Her husband works late at the U of U hospital, and Matt has homework during the week, so its been a lot of fun! Sometimes I go over on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and other weeks I just go over on Wednesdays and we watch both of the week's episodes commercial free. The DVR was one of the greatest inventions ever! So I'm really enjoying Idol this year! There is a lot of talent! Last night they revealed the first three contestants to make it to the top twelve, and I'm just wondering if there are any other nerds out there and what your opinions are of the choices? I agree 100% with the top guy (Danny Gokey) and the top girl (Alexis Grace). But I don't really think the other guy (Michael Sarver) deserves to be there. I thought at least three other guys performed better than he did! Any thoughts? I am super excited Danny made it to the top twelve though! He has been my favorite since the first time I heard him sing. I am totally in love with his voice! And I think if he keeps it up, he could definitely win this year! Here is the performance that landed him a spot in the top 12. It may not be the best quality video, but it gives you Idol virgins an idea of how incredible his voice is. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

I liked Danny too. I'm not a huge Idol watcher, since I have YW on Tuesdays, and we don't have that wonderful invention of DVR yet. Maybe you can explain something. How can there be 3 groups of 12, 3 winners from each group, and that equals the top 12?