Friday, March 27, 2009

All Hail KFC!

Have you had one of these yet? The famous bowls from KFC? They aren't exactly new anymore, in fact, they've been around for a couple years now. Anyway, I love them! I think they are super yummy and whenever we go to KFC, I order nothing else. However, I am picky about my gravy. I don't like the brown gravy, so I always order my famous bowl with the white gravy. Its so much better! Well, since being pregnant, I have not been able to eat chicken. For awhile there, the sight or smell of it would send me racing for the nearest porcelain god to begin my "worship". As time has progressed, I've been able to handle a little chicken here, a little chicken there. Mostly only if it it surrounded by other flavors. No plain baked chicken for me! Last night Matt and I got off work super late, so we decided to just pick something up for dinner. After months of saying "no" to KFC, the big red sign pulled me in, glowing like a beacon of hope. I started to crave the long-lost (to me at least) famous bowl. We pulled up and Matt ordered my famous bowl with white gravy and then the unthinkable happened. They were out of white gravy! I could have cried! Since I still wasn't ready to take my chances with plain chicken, Matt told the girl his pregnant wife really wanted the white gravy, so we'd just be going somewhere else. Then a beautiful, wonderful voice broke through the crackling speaker, "Hang on a sec, let me see if we can make some more". So yes, ladies and gentlemen, last night KFC made an entire batch of white gravy to fulfill the cravings of a pregnant woman. Three cheers for KFC and the wonderful teenagers who work there! Truth be told, I was only able to eat about half the chicken out of the bowl and my tummy was a bit upset afterwards, but I have never eaten a more satisfying famous bowl. It was delicious!

1 comment:

Logan said...

Yes. These are VERY good. Although, on first glance, they look disgusting!