A couple weeks ago I mentioned I was trying to find a cute quote or something I could do in vinyl lettering on my kitchen wall, above the cupboards. I really appreciate those who gave suggestions! I work with a lady (the wonderful Tena) who has a vinyl lettering company and she is already working on some things for the baby's room for me. She is the best! So I don't need ideas on where to get the lettering done, but thanks to those who have already made suggestions. Now comes the fun part...narrowing it down to one. I'm trying to decide what I like best, so here are some options. Please vote in the poll on the right and let me know which one you like the best (please only vote once).
Option one:
We thought about doing words, kind of like a family motto, spelling our last name. Each word would be a different font and separated by a bullet. "Confident * Appreciate * Relax * Respect * Optimistic * Laugh * Love"
Option two:
Use president Hinckley's 6 B's. Again have each word a different font and instead of bullets separating the words, have bees. "(bee) Grateful (bee) Smart (bee) Clean (bee) True (bee) Humble (bee) Prayerful"
Option three:
Just for fun, use lyrics from Hank William's song "Hey, good lookin', Whatcha got cookin'? How's about cookin' somethin' up with me..." And have a music note on each end of the quote.
Option four:
Kind of a cheesy quote, but would work well in the kitchen. "The most indespensible ingredient of all good home cooking: Love for those you are cooking for"
Option five:
Has nothing to do with the kitchen, but I love this quote and I think its funny. "Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused"
I'm still open to more options as well if anyone has any brilliant ideas.
1 month ago


6 comments:
I love option three - that is a crack up!!
I like #1 & #3, but especially #3 since it gives character and it's different.
Hi Stacy, I voted for # 4. But I wanted to tell you why. Ever sense I've had Ryan. I am so much more aware of what I am feeding my family. His little brain is developing rapidly and needs great, healthy food. I got Jessica's Seifelds book "Deceptively Delicious." It is the first cook book I actually have out...ever, on a regular basis. She purees vegetables and sneaks them into everything. Brownie's with spinach, mac and cheese with carrots, deviled eggs with cauliflower. It is amazing. It sounds really weird, but it is so good. You honestly can barely taiste it. It is awesome! I really got serious about it. We have veggi's with almost every dinner, even though Jesse doesn't even realize. I have a ton of purees in the freezer. I sneak flax seed and fiber into lots of stuff too. Loving a child so much really does change your life. you will cook differently when it is for her. I didn't mean to go on about it. I just thought that quote had more truth and logic to it than you may realize. But, I also really, really liked the 6 bee's idea. Let us know what you decide. Thanks for making us all a part of it. =>
oh ya, I also should mention about Jessica Seinfeld's book; Jesse has started liking my cooking a lot better. He doesn't really know why it's so much better. "It just is". I feel so much better about food now. Who would have thought that Jerry Seinfeld's wife would have changed my life in such an important way?
i love #4...we have 2 Nephi 32:3...."feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." with a picture of the scriptures with fruits and vegies hanging near it!
So...what is the verdict? Have you decided?
Post a Comment