So our sweet little girl has decided my stomach makes a better pillow than my pelvis. Can't say I really blame her, but it is making me pretty uncomfortable. Dr. Brown said she is in the exact same spot as last week, she could even feel her little toes when she reached in to check everything. Thank goodness I didn't dilate anymore this last week! I'm still at a three, which means tomorrow I get to go in and have them try and manually turn her around. I go in at 4:00 and they give me something to help my uterus relax. Then at 5:00 Dr. Brown will come in and maneuver my stomach to see if they can get her to rotate. There is a chance it won't work or that she will turn herself around again, in such cases we will schedule a C-section for week 39. The procedure is apparently quite painful, according to several ladies who have had it done and shared their stories with me (Thanks for the encouragmenet guys!) =) But I feel like its something we need to at least try. I'm actually not so worried about the actual procedure, I'm more worried about what Dr. Brown told me I had to do to prepare...I can't eat tomorrow! She said I can eat a big breakfast and sip water occasioanlly throughout the day, but I need to have an empty stomach when I go in. No food? Is she crazy?! I can't even go a whole day without food when I'm Not pregnant! Oh well. C'est la vie, right? So, needless to say, I'm not going to work tomorrow. My doctor suggested I take it easy and take a long nap in the afternoon to help with the hunger. Also because I need to be relaxed when I go in.
I realized when I wrote the appointment on my calendar that tomorrow is April 1st. And there is a tiny chance that the procedure can cause me to go into labor. So if you get a text or a phone call from Matt tomorrow telling you baby Gertrude has arrived, I am promising you here and now that it is NOT an April Fool's Day joke! Wish us luck!
1 month ago


4 comments:
Oh no!! GOOD LUCK! It is definitely worth trying to avoid a c-section, though. I hope she decides she likes your pelvis for a pillow! :)
Oh Gertrude! Do you want me to go with you to massage your feet and help keep you calm? I totally will!
P.S. I guess we can pray for you and her as well ;)
Ew. April Fool's Day. Ew.
Good luck tomorrow! Sometimes babies/children/pets just need you to be direct with them. Just tell her to let them move her and then to stay. Be firm and direct. Try that. It works all the time when I'm at work. I walk up to the kid and say "Stop crying! You're at the happiest place on earth. So, stop!" And it actually works. They stop. Just sayin'...
I'll be home April 9th through the 17th. Let me know when/if you'll be in the area...
Don't stress about tomorrow. Good luck! Love ya!
Oh man! I hope it went ok. How did it go. I'm sorry you had to do that. I've heard that a chiropractor can help a baby move if it's in breech. At least Dr. Jim Van Slottin can. Anyways, Good good good luck. Do keep us updated! We are all praying for you! And that precious little baby.
Post a Comment