
And I don't mean dirt, like its supposed to. You see, our vacuum is broken. It has been for some time. Before you think "Ew gross!" don't worry, I have been borrowing the neighbor's. But I want my vacuum back! Its difficult having two dogs who shed and not have a vacuum at your disposal. Matt and I bought a very nice bagless (there's no other way to go when you have dogs) Hoover vacuum right before we moved into our house. It was on sale and we had a coupon, so we got a really good deal on it. Its been a wonderful tool for the last year or so until about two months ago. Matt went to clean out one of the filters and noticed the manufacturer had screwed up. They had glued in the filter! We checked online to make sure, and sure enough, the filter was supposed to easily pop out of the frame to be cleaned. So Matt called Hoover who told us we could purchase a replacement filter for about 89 cents plus $5 shipping and handling. We didn't exactly feel like paying five times the actual filter price to have it shipped and were told that any vacuum store should carry what we needed. LIARS! We spent the next week or so calling vacuum stores and being informed that none of them carried ANY parts for our particular vacuum. So, Matt called Hoover again. After being on hold for twenty minutes he was finally able to talk to a human. She knew nothing about vacuumes. She had a book in front of her with all the names of parts people could order, and that was about it. After trying to explain to her for another twenty minutes what part it was we needed, she passed Matt on to a supervisor. Only he wasn't passed directly, oh no. He had to listen to lovely elevator music for another half hour before he was able to talk to another person who had no idea what we were in need of. Finally she understood (or so we thought) and we paid to have the parts shipped. Another two weeks passed. The parts arrived in the mail...Hooray! Yeah, right. We opened the box and the lady had sent us a very random assortment of parts that weren't even filters, let alone the filters we needed. You would have thought my husband was a sailor that day.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you think the manufacturer of a product should know something about their own products?? Why was it so difficult to get a few simple pieces? Yesterday Matt called Hoover again. After talking to yet another person who knew absolutely nothing he was assured that she would have her supervisor call him back. We were losing faith in these people to follow through, but she actually did call him back yesterday afternoon! And the peasants rejoiced. She claimed she knows exactly what we need and shipped the parts. Thankfully she did not charge us again. But this is the last chance. If they don't send us the right filters, we will be throwing our vacuum away (most likely through the front window of a Hoover store). It may not seem like it, but I have given you the readers digest version of this story. Needless to say, Matt and I will NEVER be buying a Hoover again! I put a picture of our vacuum up as a warning. Do not buy this vacuum! Hoover screwed up with this model and glued in a filter that should be easily removable. And everywhere we've looked, places have close out deals on this particular model. Gee, I wonder why.
My question to you is what brand of vacuum do you use and do you like it? We need suggestions on what to buy next...


5 comments:
We have a Eureka one specially formulated for pet hair, and I LOVE IT! Here's a link:
http://www.target.com/Eureka-Capture-Upright-Vacuum-Brush/dp/B00192GCO6/sr=1-3/qid=1236790788/ref=sr_1_3/175-8735597-5642051?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Aeureka%20vacuum&page=1
We have a Dyson and I love it. I did some research before I bought it because they are kind of expensive. I asked everyone I knew that had one and they all said they loved it and it was worth the money. I would have to agree. It really is the best vacuum I have ever used.
We have a Dyson too. The DC17 Animal. I bought it for my wife, but I use it most of the time.
Anyway - before I got it I read a bunch of stuff. This is the best source I found - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/652989?msgid=10462006#m10462006
This guy on FatWallet knows everything there is to know about vacuums. In that same post he goes on to explain how you can make a Dyson like vacuum much better and more reliable for less money than a Dyson.
Good luck!
I didn't have very much money when I lived alone and you know I have hard-core sneezies, so I needed a good one for the money...anyway, my favorite favorite favorite is a Bisell (I don't know how to spell it) bagless featherweight. It sucks like nobody's business and is super light! I love it and I've changed the filter with no problem. Good luck!
I have a Kenmore and I have liked it. But I didn't know I was suppose to have a bag-less with Sadie?! Maybe I should get what Aubrey has...Let me know what you get, I would love something that gets the pet hair off my couches!
Post a Comment