Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I hope everyone had a fabulous St Patty's Day! Anyone who knows Matt knows that St. Patrick's Day is his favorite holiday (after Halloween) and that he is obsessed with all things Irish. So, of course, we made sure to celebrate yesterday! In my family growing up, my mom always made us a special breakfast on St. Patrick's Day. We had green pancakes and green eggs and green orange juice, are you getting the pattern here? I wanted to do the same, but being eight months pregnant and having to be to work by 7:00am, it just wasn't going to happen. But I am excited to be able to start this tradition in my own family come next year! So we both decked out in green. Matt wore his new green St. Patrick's Day shirt from Old Navy and his green baseball cap with a clover on it and I wore a green shirt and green earrings with a clover necklace and I even did green eye shadow. I was going to get pictures, but it didn't happen. Sorry. For dinner that night we had the traditional corned beef and cabbage (Yummy!) with green mint brownies for dessert. And since St. Patty's Day is known as a drinking holiday and we are mormon, we had bottled cream soda to drink. So how did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

5 comments:

janae said...

We didn't. But what I really want to know is how long it took you to color those letters!! (For real. I really want to know.)

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

About ten minutes. I know, I'm weird. But it was fun and once I started I couldn't stop.

Kristine said...

Fun day! I love celebrating too! We had the green pancakes, green eggs & green juice for dinner :P I was afraid Josh would be weirded out by it all, but he LOVED it! He even made me color his Oj green this morning! Hehe... I'm bummed you didn't get pictures! Next year ;)

Melanie said...

That sounds like a fun was to spend St. Patrick's Day. We both wore green, but that's about it. I did pinch Dan until he got his green on because I got dressed first. :) We'll have to try pancakes and green eggs next year. That sounds like fun!

Kimmy said...

I didn't. But, I have this thing about St. Pat's day for many a reason.

I enjoy the level of loyalty that you both put forth, though. Way to commit! Hear hear!!