The Good: Yesterday the women at work pulled together and threw a co-worker an emergency baby shower. We normally throw the shower about a month before someone is due, but Mickaela was told she has to go on bed rest. So last week when I found out the news (thank you blogging!) I contacted several women at work and we decided very quickly that she still needed a baby shower before she left us. We also decided to make it a surprise, and it turned out so fun! I think its awesome how quickly all the women came together to help support her! The shower was a blast!


The Bad: The parts came from Hoover. They sent us the wrong ones. Again. But we temporarily made them work until we can get a new vacuum. Stupid Hoover!The Worst: Once again, I am so, so glad I have the husband I do! Some of the men I work with make me remember how lucky I am on a daily basis! I don't normally talk about specific instances on my blog, but this morning's conversation blew my mind so much I just had to share. So last Saturday a guy I work with had his first baby (well, his wife did). Now there is one thing you have to understand about this guy. He's only been married a year and he got married at age 27. Now normally this isn't a bad thing. However, he got married at age 27 because most of the girls he dated didn't make it past the first date. Why? Because they didn't pass his "inspection". Have any of you ever heard the song "15 Pounds"? This is the best version I could find. I couldn't embed it on the blog, sorry, but you are going to have to go to youtube and listen to it yourself. I promise, it will be well worth your time to listen to it and it will help you understand the type of guy I'm talking about. (Don't worry, its not really 7 minutes long. The girl talks for awhile in the beginning and at the end. So go ahead and skip ahead. The song itself begins at 1:47 and ends at 6:33). Go ahead. I'll wait.
Did you enjoy it? Pretty entertaining, huh? Well, the guy in that song is the guy I work with. Somehow he managed to find a beautiful, stick-thin wife. His wife had a baby last Saturday and today was his first day back into work. He sat down and started talking to the guy he sits across from (who, unbelievably enough, is exactly like him. They both married stick-thin wives and are quite pudgy themselves.) So the first conversation they have is not about how his wife is doing. Its not about how his new baby is doing. Its not even about his lack of sleep! Its "Yeah, my wife is losing the weight pretty quick. She retained a lot of water, but she has a personal trainer to help her work it off. Her goal is to be back to her original weight in two weeks". TWO WEEKS?!?! I'm no expert, and I've never even had a baby before, but aren't you supposed to wait like six weeks before you even START to work out? Not to mention you are supposed to keep some weight on if you are breastfeeding, right? I just feel like I walked into douchebag city this morning! My real question is whose goal is it really? Is it her goal to lose the weight that quick? Or his "encouragment" that has stemmed such a speedy process?


2 comments:
Um, yeah, losing your baby weight by two weeks is RIDICULOUS. Part of the reason your body stores fat all over when you are pregnant is so that you have what you need to nurse. As you nurse, your body pulls from those stores (just like you suspected). Hence it should take appx 6 months minimum to get back. (That also explains why you generally lose weight faster if you nurse. If you don't, nothing is there to take from the stores.) I can't believe men would be so shallow.
Janae knows it like I know it. Not to mention that your up every 2-3 hours at night to feed the baby. and your hormones are way wacky. I was crying everyday for nothing. I didn't feel sad. I guess...well, it was just simple exhation and hormones. The last thing I wanted to do was worry about how I looked. I wanted to just be with Ryan and Jesse and get to know each other. I needed to focus on how to be mom! Honestly, what a jerk! But, hey, SHE married him.
Post a Comment