I'm a woman AND I'm pregnant so I have a bunch of thoughts going through my head right now. A lot of little things happened this weekend so I thought I'd briefly mention them instead of trying to write a bunch of different posts.
Have you heard this song? It is one of my new favorites and I can't listen to it without crying. I have owned Taylor Swift's new CD for awhile, but somehow it wasn't until recently that I really listened to the lyrics. Such a great song for moms!
Friday night Breezy and Suzy came up to Layton to hang out. They missed my baby shower and felt bad, so the sweeties brought us a basket of little gifts, including bath stuff (Hooray! We didn't have any yet!) and some onesies and a couple little toys. Then we played games and watched one of the dumbest movies ever created..."Hot Rod". Matt had been wanting to see it and Suzy owns it, so she brought it with her. Suzy and Matt laughed hysterically at the movie while Breezy and I laughed at Suzy and Matt. All in all it was a fun evening.
Saturday was our first (of two) prenatal classes. The teacher recommended if you still have to work a desk job in your third trimester to sit on a ball instead of in a chair. I gotta say, it is much more comfortable! My hips and back are a lot happier!
After class on Saturday we went to my parent's house and my mom and I decided to go get pedicures. Its been far too long since I had one! They massaged my feet and legs for about ten minutes and it was fabulous! Then, as my toe polish was drying, the lady came over and started painting my fingernails. "For the baby", she kept saying. It was so sweet! She even painted little flowers on a couple of my nails to match my toes.
On Sunday Matt was called to be the secretary in the Elders Quorum presidency. He was extremely surprised by the calling, but I know he'll do a fantastic job. Plus now maybe we can get to know some adults in the ward. Not sure what is going to happen with primary yet. With the baby coming, and without Matt there to help, I have a feeling they might release me too. The primary president hinted at this on Sunday. I think our class is going to be very upset. I hope they know we aren't leaving them by choice!
Matt and I have been searching for months for a changing table to match our nursery furniture. We found some really nice ones, but didn't want to spend $300 for one. I have become a KSL junky, searching every day and on Sunday...our waiting paid off! I looked and someone had posted the perfect changing table! It was the right color, the right style, and the right price. Hooray! We had almost given up and were about ready to buy another one and stain it ourselves to match. Thankfully my parents were willing to drive out to Herriman and pick it up for us in their suburban. We brought it home last night and it is perfect! Thank you mom and dad! And thank you KSL! Disclaimer: Every time I mentioned to people that we were looking for a changing table, they told us we didn't need one. Or they tried to make alternate suggestions. I just have to say that after 10+ years of babysitting for people with no changing table, a separate changing table, or a changing table pad on top of the dresser, I knew exactly what I wanted. I prefer the stand-alone changing table for many reasons. And having two dogs who like to "help" with everything, changing her on the floor every time just isn't an option. Plus its pretty. =)
Today I had my weekly doctor's appointment. Last week Gertrude was head down, in the right position, and I was dilated to a one and a half / 70% effaced (I know, this means nothing). Today I'm dilated to a three (woo-hoo, my mom was dilated to a three for weeks before birth) and 80% effaced. However, the little pill had turned around and is now breech. I know this isn't a big deal yet, but if she hasn't turned back around by next week, Dr. Brown is going to do it manually. Which doesn't sound like much fun. Most babies will turn by themselves by 37 weeks. My doctor's only concern is the more dilated you are, the harder it is for them to turn. So I am not allowed to dilate anymore until after she turns around. How often do you hear women in their last month actually say they want their progress to halt? Well I definitely do! Hang on Gerty, its not time yet!
Last week my mom was looking through the paper and she found a Gertrude Octavia. What do you think? Isn't that the best name ever?? After some prodding, she admitted she found the name in the obituaries. Nice.
1 week ago


3 comments:
Gertrude Octavia, huh? That's pretty good! My grandma's name is Verna Mildred. She's always thought it was the worse name ever, and I hate to admit that I sort of agreed. :) Good luck getting the baby turned around (as if there is anything you can do!) I can't believe how far along you are - next thing you know you're gonna have a baby in your arms!
Oh man I was so looking forward to painting your toes on Sunday! Darn :( I bet they look nice tho. :)
Stacy, can I just tell you how much I love reading your blog! I love it! I read everything. I laugh all the time with you and look forward to when you post new stuff. So , thanks for sharing with us all. I, for one, really appreciate it!
Post a Comment