Thursday, March 5, 2009

WesTech Baby Shower

The fabulous Errin, Rose, and Tena from work threw me a baby shower during lunch today! It was super fun! Since there are about 70 women who work at WesTech compared to the 250 men, its become tradition to have baby / bridal showers during lunch for all the ladies when a female employee is expecting or engaged. We had crescent sandwiches and then everyone brought salads and desserts to share. It turned into quite a spread! We ate and visited and then opened presents. I feel funny being the center of attention, but we got some really great stuff! Another tradition is collecting money from people at work to go in on a group gift. So you can afford to get the person something really nice. We got lots of clothes, some books, a diapers, wipes, wipe warmer, blankets (including a beautiful handmade crocheted blanket from Gloria), and a couple handmade bibs. Then for the big group gift they got us a diaper bag, a diaper genie, a bouncer, and a swing! They had the swing all set up with cute pink bows on it. Errin told me I had to "unwrap" it and act surprised. Errin and Rose also made these super cute party favors with pastel M&Ms and baby girl rubber duckies. Here are some fun pictures:

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Is that Dad? the only man in the group?? Is he there representing management or as the Grandpa?

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

He's the grandpa. He and Matt were the only two men invited and Matt had class.

Jenny Sue said...

How fun! I'm glad you got some nice things. Aren't showers awesome! They are always such a blessing to those they are thrown for. You look so cute in all the pictures. You really do bare well. You are a way cute prego lady. lol!

Shella's Ramblings said...

Stacy I am excited to see you tomorrow!!!! I hope your like your presents. I always get gift receipts, so if you dont like it you can return the present hassle free. Ah the days of TARGET!

Aubrey said...

Ooh! Look at all the loot you got! You must be very loved at work!